Multipotential, Multipassionate, Multitalented, Renaissance Soul?
- Do you have so many interests that it is difficult to choose just one to focus on?
- Do others think your multiple interests are unrelated but you see how they are connected?
- When you have a new interest, do you get a bit obsessive about learning as much as you can about it as fast as you can?
- Do you sometimes lose interest in something once your curiosity is satisfied?
- Do you fear commitment because you don’t want to be trapped in any one career or activity long-term?
- Do you feel a sense of success from the challenges you’ve mastered more so than status?
- Does the phrase “Jack of all trades, master of none” make you anxious or angry?
If you answered yes to most of these, you have multipotentiality.
Multipotentiality is an educational and psychological term referring to the ability and preference of a person, particularly one of strong intellectual or artistic curiosity, to excel in two or more different fields.
There are many words used to describe it: multi-passionate, multipotentialite, multi-talented, scanner, Renaissance Soul, polymath, generalist, gifted and I’m sure we will come up with more.
Multipotentiality is the theme for the next while so be sure to check back to learn more.