ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT PR
Publicist and Marketing Coach Diane Foy has spent fourteen years’ at the helm of her own public relations agency based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Media goals from image to branding, press kits to interviews, social media to event planning are overseen.
Personable and artistic herself, Diane easily makes her clients feel comfortable with the media. Aware that doing press can sometimes be intimidating for artists and performers, she offers calming support.
The talent she has worked with includes actor, singer and author MacKenzie Phillips, Oscar-nominated actor Robert Loggia, Pretty Little Liars actor Tyler Blackburn, radio & TV personality Meredith Shaw, Jane’s Addiction’s Perry Farrell, rock singer Sass Jordan, Gordie Johnson-led blues-rock band Big Sugar, South Africa’s The Parlotones, and legendary punk act DOA (her longest client, at 10 years).
CREATIVITY & MARKETING COACH
With more than 20 years’ experience as a creative entrepreneur, Diane was motivated to become a certified coach practitioner. Creativity and marketing coaching is available to visual artists, musicians, dancers, actors, performers, models, filmmakers, writers, fashion designers, make-up artists, photographers, coaches, consultants, and more.
PHOTOGRAPHER & MAKE-UP ARTIST
Diane’s ability to work in various creative fields can be traced to her schooling and initial work experience in Vancouver, B.C. Her creative entrepreneur journey began as a photographer having graduated from Langara Colleges Professional Photography diploma program. To support her fashion photography goals she then secured a Makeup Artistry certificate from Blanche MacDonald Centre.
Diane freelanced as a photographer and makeup artist for the next few years working with actors, musicians, and fashion models. Relocating to Toronto, Ontario, Canada in 1996, Diane was as a make-up artist at MAC Cosmetics for eight years. Through the years, she has worked on countless fashion shows and photography/video shoots.
ENTERTAINMENT MANAGEMENT & PR
While taking a freelance writing diploma program specializing in non-fiction, Diane explored the world of journalism. Looking to find her place in the music industry, she began writing about music for an online magazine. Later she was an editorial assistant at industry trade magazine Canadian Music Network. In 2003, she enrolled in the Entertainment Management program at Trebas Institute and started her own company, Skylar Entertainment, upon graduation.
With her fashion background, Diane was able to offer expertise on image branding in her role as a music publicist. Ahead of the curve, she also embraced the burgeoning digital era, incorporating social media and blogs into her pr campaigns. Although she got her start with music pr, it wasn’t long before she was recruited to represent actors, films, dancers, authors, and visual artists.
PET BRAND PR, MARKETING & PET HEALTH COACH
With 14 years’ experience in Canadian public relations and 6 years in the pet care industry, Diane offers pet brand publicity and entrepreneur marketing coaching.
In addition to caring for her own pets, she gained most of her hands-on experience as a pet care and nutrition specialist at Global Pet Foods. Diane has advised pet parents on biologically appropriate diets, natural remedies, and training for behavior issues. With pet health coaching, she offers information specific to the client’s pet and supports them through implementing suggested changes in diet or behavior.
She has certificates in pet nutrition, animal psychology, dog and cat behavior problems, animal communication, reiki and crystal healing. She is currently taking Dr. Ian Dunbar’s SIRIUS® Dog Trainer Academy program.
CERTIFIED COACH PRACTITIONER:
- Certified Coach Practitioner (Life & Business Coach) ~ Certified Coaches Federation
- Certified Life Coach ~ Kain Ramsay Strategic Life Coaching Academy
- Business Coach (Business Foundation, Branding, Market Research) ~ Fearless Entrepreneur Academy
- Certified Life Purpose Coach ~ Transformation Academy
- Creativity Coach ~ Dr. Eric Maisel (current study)
- Marketing Strategy (10 courses) ~ Fearless Entrepreneur Academy (current study)
- Inbound Marketing ~ Hubspot Academy (current study)
- Content Marketing ~ Hubspot Academy (current study)
- Marketing I & II ~ Langara College, VCC
- Publicity, Marketing & Promotion ~ Trebas Institute
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT:
- Entertainment Management (Diploma)~ Trebas Institute
- Freelance Writing, Non-Fiction (Diploma)~ ICS
- Hairstyling for Makeup Artists ~ George Brown College
- Makeup Artistry ~ Blanche MacDonald Centre
- Fashion Styling ~ Blanche MacDonald Centre
- Professional Photography (2-year Diploma) ~ Langara College, VCC
- SIRIUS® Dog Trainer Academy ~ Dr. Ian Dunbar, Dunbar Academy (current study)
- Dog & Cat Behavior ~ Dr. Ian Dunbar, Dunbar Academy
- Animal Psychology ~ Holly and Hugo
- Pet Nutrition ~ Holly and Hugo
- Care of Senior Pet ~ Holly and Hugo (current study)
- Animal Communication ~ Beginner, Claire Bloomfield, Animal Communicator
- Animal Reiki Practitioner ~ Lisa Powers, Reiki Master (current study)
- Certified Crystal Healing Practitioner ~ Academy of Ancient Magik & Accreditation from the International Association of Therapists