When it comes to getting media attention for your music, art, or creative endeavors, having a professional electronic press kit (EPK) is essential. Compiling all of your PR assets into an EPK makes it easier for media outlets to access the material they need to cover your story. But what are the components of an effective EPK?
- Bio: A concise biography that outlines your career and notable achievements. This is where you tell your story and outline why you’re an up-and-coming talent worth paying attention to.
- Photos: High-quality photos of yourself & your work that you can use for promotion. A good EPK will contain a range of photos that capture different aspects of your talent and brand.
- Videos: Have a few short clips of your work ready to go. This is a great way to give potential superfans and media outlets a glimpse of your work.
- Previous press coverage: If you’ve already been in the press, provide links to those articles. This increases your credibility and may increase your chances of getting featured again.
- Social media accounts: Include links to your social media profiles so that media outlets can get a better idea of your reach and impact, and may help them decide whether to feature you in their publication.
Having a professional EPK will make a huge difference in how media outlets perceive you and your work. Make sure to update your EPK regularly as your accomplishments grow, and you’ll be one step closer to getting the media attention you deserve.