PUBLICIST & CREATIVITY COACH FOR ARTISTS & PERFORMERS
Hello musicians, actors, dancers & visual artists,
I’m Diane Foy and I believe that you really can make a living from your creative talents!
I help artists connect to their life’s purpose, present an authentic image and make powerful connections, which allows them to attract more fans, media, and opportunities.
In my 14 years’ in public relations, I have helped hundreds of creatives increase their profile and secure international media coverage. The talent I have worked with includes actor, singer and author Mackenzie Phillips, Jane’s Addiction’s Perry Farrell, Oscar-nominated actor Robert Loggia, radio & TV personality Meredith Shaw, rock singer Sass Jordan, Pretty Little Liars actor Tyler Blackburn, Gordie Johnson-led blues-rock band Big Sugar, legendary punk pioneers DOA, and one of South Africa’s best-selling music acts of all time, The Parlotones.
Although I have collaborated with celebrities, I feel the most accomplished helping independent artists on their journey from unknown to career success. After seeing many of my PR clients struggle with their creativity and branding I was inspired to become a certified life, business and creativity coach.
I have 25 years’ experience as a multi-passionate creative entrepreneur to share. My journey through photography, makeup artistry, journalism, public relations, marketing, artist management, jewellery design and creativity coaching is the result of a lifelong passion for arts and entertainment.
As creative artists, you have the power to change lives with your talent, my purpose is to provide tools, resources, motivation, and support to ensure that the world gets to experience that power.
- Advanced Creativity Coaching (current study) ~ Dr. Eric Maisel, Creativity Coaching Association
- Creativity Coaching ~ Dr. Eric Maisel Creativity Coaching Association
- Certified Coach Practitioner ~ Certified Coaches Federation
- Certified Life Coach ~ The Academy of Modern Applied Psychology
- Certified NLP Practitioner (current study) ~ The Academy of Modern Applied Psychology
- Certified Life Purpose Coach ~ Transformation Academy
- Motivation Coach ~ Empowerment Expert Academy
- Business & Marketing Coach (Business foundation, branding, market research, social media, content & email marketing, seo, digital & non-digital marketing, public relations) ~ Fearless Entrepreneur Academy
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT:
- Entertainment Management (Diploma)~ Trebas Institute
- Freelance Writing, Non-Fiction (Diploma)~ ICS
- Hairstyling for Makeup Artists ~ George Brown College
- Makeup Artistry ~ Blanche MacDonald Centre
- Fashion Styling ~ Blanche MacDonald Centre
- Professional Photography (2-year Diploma) ~ Langara College, VCC
"It's a pleasure working with Diane who has a passion for publicity and jumps in with both feet on the projects she works on. Diane works hard to make sure every possible angle is covered that could give the most impactful exposure. We love working with her!"
"Diane Foy's talent and skill to engage with multiple aspects of PR were hugely impressive. I have rarely met anyone who was as adaptable or creative as Diane was during the time we worked together. She secured some brilliant international media coverage."
"D.O.A. has worked with Diane Foy for over a decade and she has consistently delivered features and cover stories in both the mainstream and alternative media. She has been intuitive at sorting out the best approach for individual promo campaigns, outstanding work!"
"Whenever we have been to Canada, Diane has stepped up, gotten us great press, and brought good people into our circle."
“Diane is so great to work with. She secured the very first review for my debut EP, which also was one of the greatest reviews I have ever gotten. Working with Diane is working with a publicist who truly cares about you, and cares about your success.”
“Diane Foy is one of a handful of publicists that are actually down to earth and treats people like human beings instead of automatons. She gets the job done with minimum stress and maximum efficiency. I so appreciate her!”
"Diane is highly charismatic and really cares about her clients, ensuring they are at the right events at the right time, meeting the right people in order to help them build their brand."
“Diane accomplished a lot on very short notice when she handled Diving Into The Unknown’s North American festival premiere at Hot Docs”