- “What Love Would Want” Available Exclusively on Musicoin May 15th & 16th
- Facebook Live Q&A with Tim Arnold & Musicoin’s Elio Di Iorio May 17th
- Public Event for International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia & Biphobia (IDAHOT) and He for She May 17th
While in Toronto for Canadian Music Week U.K. artist Tim Arnold met Musicoin blockchain innovator Elio Di Iorio at a party at Kensington Sound recording studio resulting in a unique collaboration. Arnold is releasing a special song on May 17th inspired by UN Women’s He for She campaign and International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia titled “What Love Would Want.” Coincidently, Musicoin had an event planned for May 17th and Di Iorio was inspired to bring the artist back to Toronto for the release day celebrations.
“We talked about Musicoin, but more than that, he explained the underlying philosophy of sharism and how that is really taking off with blockchain technology,” explains Arnold. “In fact, we were really having a discussion about sharing, love and communities. The thread between all those subjects was music and how it can make a genuine difference to our lives.”
Arnold and Di Iorio immediately hit it off and when you get a bunch of musicians into a recording studio a jam session is bound to break out. “We found ourselves on the same wavelength in so many ways,” says Di Iorio. “Tim played “What Love Would Want” and it was like time stood still, and everyone in the room was mesmerized. I’ll always remember that moment, where I was the first time I heard that song.”
Musicoin will have the exclusive premier of the song May 15th and 16th before it is available on all platforms May 17th. “The first thing that attracted me to Musicoin was Elio’s personality as it’s not often you get to meet an actual developer of a music platform,” says Arnold. “I come from an area in London called Soho and that place has been successful for over 400 years because of the faces associated with the places. It’s not about faceless corporatism. You trust in a brand because of the human beings behind it.
“More than any other community in the world, musician’s want to know what kind of people are behind the technology that gets their music to more people. I already know Musicoin is going to play a hugely important part in the way recorded music moves forward in the 21st century and I’m proud to be a part of it at the beginning.”
- To be the first to hear “What Love Would Want” sign up with Musicoin at musicoin.org.
- Tim Arnold and Elio Di Iorio return to Kensington Sound Wednesday May 17th for a Facebook Live Q&A at 12:45pm EST at https://www.facebook.com/timarnoldmusic/
- Public Gathering to Raise Awareness for International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia & Biphobia (IDAHOT) and He For She Campaign May 17th Toronto https://www.facebook.com/events/263547477451365/
- Wednesday May 17th 7pm Tim Arnold will perform “What Love Would Want” with a choir of Toronto musicians at a private blockchain boat cruise event. Stay tuned to social media for updates and resulting music video. http://timarnold.co.uk/
- HASHTAGS: #WhatLoveWouldWant #May17IDAHOT #IDAHOT #HeforShe #Musicoin
MEDIA CONTACT: Diane Foy PR