Music fans and influencers don’t need a crystal ball to foresee the next wave of female superstars. A stop at Toronto’s Rivoli on Sunday, June 2nd @ 2 pm where auditions for the 2019 installment of auditions for the acclaimed talent showcase Honey Jam are set to take place will give them a hint!
Honey Jam is searching the country for young female artists representing pop, hip-hop, jazz, soca, r&b, gospel, rock, dancehall, blues, alternative, opera, and country – all styles of music for their 2019 program. Auditions open to female artists, ages 14-25 from across Canada. Artists unable to make it to the live auditions can submit online by filling out the submission form http://honeyjam.com/auditions/
The incentive for aspiring performers is sweet! Honey Jam is more than a showcase; it is a program offering educational, networking and performance opportunities to young female artists of diverse cultures and genres of music can use the opportunities to connect with people who can help turn their musical ambitions into reality.
All 2019 artists will receive the following free of cost:
- attend a free music industry workshop at Harris Institute
- receive vocal and performance coaching from celebrity coach Elaine Overholt
- have their original songs played on Radio
- promotion on Honey Jam socials
- participate in a mentor café
- Attend Celebrity Q&A’s TBA (past celebrity Q&A’s included Jessie Reyez, Marsha Ambrosius, LaToya Luckett, and Melanie Fiona)
- One lucky artist will receive $5000 in Yamaha equipment
- One artist will be chosen to take part in the Artist Entrepreneur program (valued at $7,500) offered by Canada’s Music Incubator (CMI) at Coalition Music. Artist Entrepreneur is a 10-week professional development program that delivers high-level, customized music industry mentorship for emerging artists of all genres.
Honey Jam 2018 Audition Highlights: [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1oiSM7MqBY[/embedyt]
Honey Jam 2018 Programme Highlights
Honey Jam Socials: @thehoneyjam